Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Telephone Telepathy

I read recently that a british researcher, a certain Dr Sheldrake, is convinced that telephone telepathy is a real phenomena. He is basing his conviction on the results of 63 volunteers who each selected 4 friends to 'potentially' ring them at a pre-designated time. The volunteers were instructed to pick up the ringing phone and immediately say who was calling.

I'm sure this is something we have all experienced at some point. Out of the blue you start to think of someone, the phone rings - there they are, on the line. On the other hand you may be like my mother - a fully fledged telepathic phone user. She's a dab hand at saying "hallo Fiona" before I can utter a word. Thinking about it, I have been known in the past, to dabble in a little telephone telepathy myself. As a 17 year old. I have vivid recollections of staring at the phone and willing it to ring. The boyfriend of that time, a particularly bad communicator, never got the message. Night after night I tried it - eventually I got a life and moved on!

These days 17 year olds aren't interested in the old telephone telepathy trick. For them it's text messaging and emails. I hear down the grapeline that Dr Sheldrake's current research is into text messaging telepathy. I await his results with interest. You may also be interested to know that I'm considering offering myself as a volunteer should he wish to extend his research into email telepathy. I consider email telepathy to be a more exact science.

Tomorrow morning I will open my mailbox. I will receive a minimum of 24 emails. They will offer me a range of pills for every ailment you can imagine. The chance to put myself under some surgeons knife for breast enhancements to please the man of my dreams, or joy of joys, painless surgery to give me the largest p**** - to surprise the girl of my dreams!

So if you're reading this Dr Sheldrake, give me a call. Email telepathy - no problem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home