Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Apprentice - Revisited

No one, including 'Jo' herself, could be more surprised that she wasn't fired last night What a mouth!

Right from the start of the programme she was in there stating the fact 'I'll be team leader for this project.' No consultation, no voting, just self-promotion. I'm all for self-promotion but there's quite an art to it.

It's no good believing in the product, i.e. you, if you can't make others (sell yourself) believe in you also. To be in command of a situation you first have to be in command of yourself. Get it right and you will reap the rewards but get it wrong and you'll be ignored. As a team leader Jo failed on all points. The team were not buying in to what she was trying to sell (herself) and she was decidedly lacking in a key skill - awareness.

Her persona was 'me, me, me.' When thwarted she reacted as a spoilt child, instigating conflict with a conquer/divide strategy within the team. This smacks of, lack of key skills, lack of training, and a 'who shouts loudest wins' attitude that is destructive and unprofessional.

Of course I am 100% sure Alan Sugar is aware of all this. Jo makes good television and I am sure she will not be fired for several episodes yet. But employ her, no Mr Sugar, I don't think so.


Fiona 09/03/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home